ur Parish Pastoral Council is made up of 8 elected members, the Parish Priest and several ex officio members (treasurer, secretary, diocesan and deanery reps, fabric officers, health & safety officers, school rep, Anglican and Methodist reps).
We are committed to supporting our Parish Priest and assisting him in the development of our Parish socially, spiritually, educationally, administratively for the common good of our community.
Members are elected at the AGM, usually held in November and serve for a maximum of 2 years, To ensure continuity half the council (4 members) change each year.
The council meets once a month (except August) and anyone wanting to bring any issue to the attention of the council should contact Fr. James McShane or the council Chair (see newsletter).
Minutes of the meetings are posted on the notice board at both English Martyrs and Holy Trinity once they have been passed by the council.
The council discusses issues such as:
· Repairs, maintenance and safety of our 2 churches and the priests house
· The finances of the parish and proposed spending
· Reviewing issues and plans reported by the Liturgical committee
· Social events being organised by the Social committee
· Issues resulting from our Deanery and Diocese
· Developing good relations and joint activities with the other denominations at Holy Trinity
· Special projects such as the garden at English Martyrs, the Christmas journey at Marsh Farm, the Bar-n-bus for young people etc.
If you feel you could serve this parish by standing for election to the PPC please contact Fr Niall or complete an invitation form available Sept/Oct each year.